Early Years Foundation Stage
Early Years SEND Partnership
The Council for Disabled Children is working with five partners and nine English regions to provide significant support on SEN and disability to early years settings and local authorities. CDC is delighted to be working with nasen, I CAN, The Communication Trust, Contact and Dingley's Promise on this programme.
The partnership will be providing training to settings managers and parents across the nine regions on:
- Working with parents
- Speech, Language and Communication needs
Current training opportunities available include:
- Practitioner training on working with parents/carers of children with SEND from Contact
- Transition webcasts from nasen
- FREE online training offer from I CAN – Supporting SLCN In Early Years Settings
- Meeting the Needs of Every Child training for Early Years practitioners - FREE online course from nasen
Blended Paediatric First Aid (Crystal Clear 1st Aid Training)
TQUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) Blended Part No1 & 2 is a course that is an alternative to the 2 day in the classroom for childminders, nursery nurses, breakfast clubs, after school clubs, primary schools and carers who need to complete a Paediatric First Aid Course to comply with the requirements of Ofsted, EYFS, CSSIW and SureStart.
The blended learning course Part No1 offers a video-based online course that is completed before attending a full day in the classroom with an instructor to complete the practical part of the course. When you have successfully completed both the online and classroom modules, you will be issued a TQUK wall certificate and wallet card.
Blended First Aid (ABC Training)
Under industry guidance and Government advice (and common sense) face to face courses were temporarily ceased. ABC Training have now developed blended first aid courses and have strict procedures for face to face, so are cautiously getting back to seeing people.
People must have booked the blended course to attend. As usual there will be limited places. The course will be outside, so please bear this in mind.
For all enquiries, please email [email protected]
Online learning from The Open University. FREE courses include:
- Attachment in the early years
- Childhood in the digital age
- Children’s perspectives on play
- Early years teamwork and leadership
- Exploring books for children: words and pictures
- Exploring children’s learning
- The family at the centre of early learning
- Introduction to child psychology
- Listening to young children: supporting transition
- Parents as partners
- The role of play in children’s learning
- Understanding children: babies being heard
- Understanding early years environments and children’s spaces
FREE online early years and childcare training courses available, including:
- Online Safety in Early Years
- Supporting children's interests - the developmental benefits of the new Teletubbies series
- Supporting Well-being in the Early Years Workforce
Plus, other free courses are available to full NDNA Nursery members.
Online early years and childcare quizzes available. Test your knowledge in a range of early years and childcare topics with the FREE interactive myNDNA quizzes, including:
- Ofsted Inspection Framework 2019 – Are you ready?
- Promoting Positive Behaviour in Early Years
- Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Courageous Conversations
Early Years Alliance
Access to FREE webinars that focus on a specific topic that is both relevant and current for early years providers. Each webinar then remains available via the Alliance’s You Tube channel. These include:
- Cultural Capital in Early Years Provision
- Language Rich Learning Environments
- Risky Play in Early Years – getting the balance right
- Supporting children’s speech, language and communication in the home learning environment
Plus, Alliance members get a wide range of EduCare courses free as part of their membership. Early years alliance - free Educare training
The Skills Network
Gain an accredited qualification for FREE! To qualify for funding, you must be aged 19 or over, reside in England and have been living in the EU for at least the last three years. You cannot enrol onto a course that you have already completed.
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
- Level 2 Allergy Awareness for those Working with Children
Places are limited so click the link below to select your course and apply to begin your learning journey...
Open access training that enables learners to complete online courses and refresh on updates over a 12-month period.
This provides flexibility in learning, whereby staff can train in their own time, resume on part taken courses and keep up to date with legislation and policy changes. NoodleNow! training will be cost effective, time saving and efficient!
Courses available include:
- Blossoming Babies
- Effective Teaching and Learning
- GDPR in Early Years
- Outdoor Provision
- Science, Music and Drama in the Early Years
Learn online with Pacey – from short courses to diploma units.
This online training allows you to:
- Take control of your own learning so you can complete training at a time convenient to you, working through training at your own pace and return to course content at any point to review parts that might be relevant to your day-to-day work
- Access high quality training at any time, on all internet-enabled devices
- Feel supported, with PACEY dedicated learner support team on hand with guidance all the way through your course
National Autistic Society
This online training is uniquely developed by autistic people and autism specialists. The modules are interactive and include engaging content such as learning scenarios, quizzes, videos, animation and interactive activities.
Available modules include:
- Understanding Autism
- Autism and communication
- Autism: supporting families
- Autism and sensory experience
The Early Years Training Hub
The Early Years Training Hub is a provider of online training, created specifically by expert early years and childminder practitioners. Over 230 interactive online courses, specific to early years and childminding, are available from as little as £5 per online course.
Online training available includes:
- Leadership and Management
- Attachment and the Key Person
- Developing High Quality Maths Provision
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Health and Safety in Childcare Settings
Nasen offers a range of training opportunities and resources specifically for leaders and practitioners, working in the Early Years (EY). Nasen is also currently working alongside, The Council for Disabled Children, I CAN, The Communication Trust, Contact, School Improvement Liverpool and Nursery World, as part of the DfE-funded EY SEND Partnership.
The Early Years training and resources available include:
- Meeting the needs of every child (FREE 2 hour webinar)
- Resilience Development Pack (FREE DfE funded webinar series)
- NEW! FREE Early Years Transition Webcasts
- A range of FREE Early Years resources
To see training and resources available, visit the NASEN website
Early Years Careers
FREE SEND training course that aims to help those professionals working with children from 0-25 years. The course will help develop a high-quality practice that will in turn help meet the needs of children with SEND.
This course will help teachers and early years practitioners develop the skills of reflective practice.
The Skills Toolkit
FREE courses are available through the new online platform, The Skills Toolkit. This platform signposts to free, high-quality digital and numeracy courses to help people build up their skills, progress in work and boost their job prospects and confidence whilst at home.
Courses on offer cover a range of levels, from everyday maths and the use of email and social media at work to more advanced training. All courses are available online and are flexible so that people can work through them at their own pace.