Mental Health (Adult and Child)
Psychological First Aid
Developed by Public Health England, specifically for frontline, essential workers and volunteers.
This FREE course teaches the key principles of giving psychological first aid in emergencies and aims to increase awareness and confidence to provide this support to people affected by COVID-19 (this could be both employees and service users).
By the end of the course, outcomes will include:
- Understanding how emergencies like the COVID-19 pandemic can affect us
- Recognising people who may be at increased risk of distress
- Understanding how to offer practical and emotional support
MindEd is a FREE educational resource on children and young people's mental health for all adults. MindEd has e-learning applicable across the health, social care, education, criminal justice and community settings. It is aimed at anyone from beginner through to specialist.
The NSPCC website has a range of resources that are useful for supporting children and young people’s mental health.
Introduction to Adverse Childhood Experiences and Early Trauma
This FREE online learning covers:
- An Introduction to ACEs
- Brain Development in the Early Years
- The Impact of Childhood Adversity
- Social, Health and Community Impacts of ACEs Early Trauma
- Protective Factors
- Looking at ACEs Through a Trauma Informed Lens
- Building Resilience
See, Hear, Respond Support Hub is a central place for you to explore, where you can find information, resources & tools - from practical advice on how to talk to your children about the pandemic, to tips on managing anxiety and much more.