All families go through trying times at some point. Early Help staff will work with you at these times so that small problems don’t get bigger. We work with children, young people and families to offer support and advice when it’s most needed. We can work with you in your local area at one of our centres or even in your home.
We can help you:
- If you are worried about a child's health, development or behaviour
- If you are a child, carer or young person looking to find training or further education
- If you are a child, carer or young person looking for advice on employment or benefits
Support offered by Early Help
Most children, young people and families in Rotherham thrive with access to universal services such as GP’s or school, but some families may need to access additional short-term support to address a specific problem, or may require more intensive, longer-term support, when experiencing increasingly complex issues. The Early Help Service recognises that the needs of children, young people and families are not static and can change over time.
Early Help Teams can provide advice and support for the whole family on issues such as:
- Emotional wellbeing
- Drugs and alcohol
- Domestic abuse
- Money, benefits and housing
- Staying safe – outdoors and online
- Places to go and things to do
- Youth offending