Rotherham Youth Cabinet are a group of young people aged 11 to 18 from across Rotherham, who work on campaigns and help make decisions which have a positive difference to the lives of young people in Rotherham.
We do this by:
- Undertaking research to find out what the main issues are for young people.
- Create campaigns to help improve services and provision for young people.
- We work with decision makers across our Region to ensure our campaigns are successful.
- We ensure young people in Rotherham are listened to and have a Voice.
- We meet regularly to make things happen.
- We work with other young people across the Yorkshire and Humber region to strengthen our voices.
- We have training to enable us to perform our role.
- We have FUN, meet new people and make friends.
- We develop confidence, gain skills and have new experiences.
- Plus lots more…
Who Can Join?
Anyone! As long as you are between 11 and 18 years old, live, learn or work in Rotherham and are passionate about the Voice of young people.
Some Issues We Have Worked on:
- Improving public transport for young people.
- Reducing Hate Crime and Hate Incidents.
- Education and awareness raising around open water safety.
- Helping young people to feel confident with their own appearance and raising awareness of the effects and impact of negative body image.
- Widening youth voice participation to help more young people have a voice.
- Improving Mental Health Services for young people
- Helping young people gain an understanding of the Environment and Climate Change and how they can help save the planet.
2022 Rotherham UK Youth Parliament Elections
If you are interested in becoming an elected member for Rotherham at the UK Youth Parliament, please complete the short application form found the link below. There is is also guidance and further information about UK Youth Parliament.