Get advice on Council rent arrears

Recovery action

Notice of legal proceedings

If your rent arrears build-up, the Council may serve you with a notice of legal proceedings.

This does not necessarily mean that we will take legal action against you. The notice lets you know that we may take action, but it also gives you more time to deal with your rent arrears before this happens.

It is important that you get in touch with us straight away if you have been served with a notice, otherwise we will take court action to remove you from your home.

Former tenant arrears

Following an eviction, you will still owe your rent arrears and any court costs. This will prevent you being re-housed by the Council.

Find out more about former tenant arrears