Rotherham in Bloom Garden Competition 2021
Enter this year’s Competition
The Rotherham Council annual garden competition is back, rewarding Rotherham residents who make a real difference in their neighbourhoods by taking pride in their gardens.
This year, we have the usual favourites as well as new categories for the borough’s children and young people. Each of the adult category will have two winners, one Council and one non-Council tenant each winning £100 worth of garden centre vouchers with two runners up in each category each receiving a £50 garden centre voucher.
The children’s categories will have just one first place prize (£100 worth of garden centre vouchers) and one runner-up prize (a £50 garden centre voucher).
The competition welcomes entries from both council and non-council tenants meaning any Rotherham resident can apply.
The categories are:
- Best garden – awarded to the most outstanding garden in the borough
- Best pots, planters and hanging baskets – awarded to the creative use of pots and planters to brighten up any space.
- Best vegetable patch – awarded to the best ‘grow your own’ space. Please note allotments are not included in this category.
- Best wildlife garden – awarded to gardens that provide sanctuaries to birds, insects, hedgehogs and other local wildlife.
- Best young gardener (0-6 yrs and 7-18 yrs) – awarded to the most outstanding garden or vegetable patch created by a young gardener.
- Best sunflower (0-6 yrs and 7-18 yrs) – awarded to young gardeners who have grown the tallest sunflower.
To enter the competition simply upload three photos of your garden (one must feature the gardener), along with a few (up to 100) words about what your garden means to you to.
The closing date for entries is Sunday 11 July
Winners will be announced in August.