Making changes to your council home

If you are a secure tenant (you have been a tenant for at least one year), you can make changes to your home but you must get written permission from the Council before you do any work.

We need to make sure that any alteration complies with current regulations and actioned by a qualified and registered contractor. This is so the changes will be safe for your home and neighbours.

Log burners (or similar devices) are not allowed under any circumstances. 

We will charge you for any unauthorised work that results in extra costs to put right or change back.

Make a council housing enquiry