Online resources for adults
Crafts & DIY
- A Beautiful Mess is a blog centred around DIY and craft, with some ideas on things to make for children
- Ventuno Art (Art All the Way) has YouTube tutorials on a massive range of crafts, from painting, to party décor ideas to polymer clay projects. There are playlists on certain topics, including one for children’s crafts, and projects to suit all skill levels.
- Lia Griffith has a blog with craft and DIY ideas organised by theme (papercraft, textiles, wedding or holiday-themed, etc). There are photo tutorials, written instructions which are downloadable as PDFs, and videos hosted at Lia’s YouTube channel.
- Stitch and Flower has embroidery tutorials from basic stitches all the way up to various different embroidery projects to follow along with at home.
- Sushma's Craft and Creations has tutorials on knitting, stitching and fashion design
- Learn My Way, brought to you by The Good Things Foundation, hosts free online courses promoting digital literacy, such as how to use internet, email, etc
- Digital Unite has various guides to aspects of technology (e.g. basic office programs, staying in touch using email and Skype) as well as accessing government services online, improving mental and physical wellbeing, and many other topics
- The Mental Health Foundation has a comprehensive guide to looking after your mental health during the corona virus outbreak
- Young Minds has advice on mental health for young people at this time including a blog for those struggling with anxiety around corona virus
- Childline and The Mix have various mental health and mindfulness resources for children and young people including games, videos and guides to navigating their emotional wellbeing
- Insight Timer and Headspace both have simple meditation courses, which can help relieve stress, as well as dedicated apps which you can download to your tablet or smartphone
- The National Autistic Society has resources and tips for autistic people and their families
Why not take a look at our list of resources for those teaching at home?