It’s February and we have lots of fun events taking place across Rotherham. This month, we have some spellbinding Harry Potter Book Night events taking place in libraries around Rotherham.
Also, there is an event building your own DIY Kinetic Sculptures - sculptures that actually move in Riverside Library. Clifton Park also has some magical fun at Enchanted Trees and Magical Creatures events which includes making an elf house plus much more.
- Saturday 1 February, 10am to 11am, Cam Kinetic Sculptures/Mini Makers, Riverside Library
- Monday 3 and Tuesday 4 February, 3.30pm to 4.15pm, National Storytelling event, Thorpe Hesley Library
- Monday 3 February, 4pm to 6pm, Harry Potter Fun Activities, Swinton Library
- Wednesday 5 February, 3.30pm to 4.30pm, Harry Potter Book Night, Dinnington Library
- Thursday 6 February, 3.30pm to 4.30pm, Harry Potter Triwizard Event, Rawmarsh Library
- Thursday 6 February, 3.30pm to 4pm, Harry Potter Fun Activities, Kiveton Park Library
- Thursday 6 February, 4pm to 5.30pm, Harry Potter Book Night, Wath Library
- Thursday 6 Febraury, 3.30pm to 5pm, Harry Potter Book Night, Wickersley Library
- Monday 10 February, 5pm to 6pm, Harry Potter Triwizard Tournament, Thurcroft Library
- Saturday 15 February, 10am to 11.30am and 12.30pm to 2pm, Enchanted Trees, Clifton Park
- Monday 17 to Friday 21 February, 10am to 2pm, Mysterious Maps, the Granary Café Clifton Park Museum
- Tuesday 18 February, 10am to 11.30am, 12noon to 1.30pm and 2pm to 2.30pm, Magical Creatures, Clifton Park
- Tuesday 18 February, 10.30am to 11.30am, Superhero Half Term, Wickersley Library
- Thursday 20 February, 10am to 11am, Love Monster and the Scary Something, Wath Library
- Friday 21 February, 10am to 11.30am and 12.30pm to 2pm, Enchanted Trees, Clifton Park
Booking is essential for Harry Potter Book Night events.
Please note: The Triwizard Tournament/Harry Potter Book Night, Thursday 6 February, 5pm to 6pm at Riverside House - this event is fully booked.
Rotherham Art Works South Yorkshire will be exhibiting This Is Us: Artworks Exhibition at Riverside Library until Friday 28 February.
- Rotherham Theatres has lots of entertaining performances taking place which which will include: Exciting Science (Monday 17 February), The Cinder Path (Tuesday 18 February), The Velveteen Rabbit (Wednesday 19 February) and Buddy Holly and the Cricketers (Wednesday 19 February). Plus many more shows, for more details go to the Rotherham Theatres website:
Rotherham Libraries host regular weekly activities across the borough such as: Lego clubs, Code clubs, Rhymetimes, computer classes, knit and natter groups, advice sessions, readers groups and local history groups.
For more information see the Events webpage or visit our Facebook pages: