Pay or challenge a parking ticket

Challenge a parking ticket

If you have received a parking ticket that you think should not have been issued, you can dispute it as follows:

Informal representation

You can make an informal representation up to 14 days (2 weeks) from the date of the ticket. You must have a valid reason and give as much information as possible.

Formal representation

If your dispute is rejected and the ticket remains unpaid after 14 days (2 weeks), a 'Notice to Owner' will be sent to the registered owner or keeper of the vehicle. The notice states the grounds on which you can then make a formal representation about the ticket.

How to Appeal

If your formal representation is rejected, you may make a final appeal to the independent Traffic Penalty Tribunal. This should be done within 28 days (4 weeks) of receiving the 'Notice of Rejection'. You cannot appeal before the notice is received. The tribunal decision is binding on you and the Council.

Make a representation