Donate or reuse your items
We encourage residents to look at reuse options first before disposing of any item. There are many charitable reuse organisations in the borough that collect good quality reusable furniture and household electrical appliances.
Booking a bulky item collection
We can help you with the removal and disposal of larger household items, such as furniture, electrical appliances and DIY waste, such as bathroom suites, window frames, doors from residential properties. We aim to offer you a collection date within 10 working days of payment being received.
- 1-3 items £33.00 (£16.50 with a Rothercard)
- 4+ items £10.60 per item (£5.50 with a Rothercard)
Maximum of 9 items allowed.
Rothercard holders are entitled to a 50% discount. You will be asked to provide your Rothercard details to receive your discount.
Putting bulky items out for collection
You must not place any items for collection on any public spaces, highways or verges. You should leave your items in a suitable place outside where we can easily access them, for example, on your driveway or in your garden.
- you should leave your items out by 7.00am on the day of collection
- don't put items out a number of days before the collection is due
- you do not need to be present at the time of collection
We will not enter a property to remove bulky items under any circumstances.