Starting Secondary School September 2022
If your child was born between 1st September 2010 and 31st August 2011, you need to apply now for a secondary school place for September 2022. Any reference to secondary school includes aided schools and academies.
- The online application service will open on 1 July 2021. It will close on 11 November 2021.
- You are advised to have read and taken account of the information in our Admission to Secondary Booklet 2022 before submitting your application. See link below.
- The Government has deemed the National Closing Date for receipt of applications as 31st October 2021. You are advised that your application should be submitted by this date. If your application is late, you will be far less likely to get a place at your preferred school.
- Other local authorities will have different admission arrangements to Rotherham. If you are including a school in another authority on your application, we strongly advise you to check this with the relevant authority before submitting your application.
- If you do not live in Rotherham, contact your local Admissions Team for further advice.
- Applications made direct to us from non-Rotherham residents cannot be accepted and you will be advised to re-submit your application to your home authority naming your preferred Rotherham school.
- Please note in 2021 Wickersley School & Sports College made a change to their Admissions criteria regarding siblings. Full details can be found in the Secondary Booklet 2022.
False or misleading information
Rotherham Borough Council takes very seriously any attempt to gain an advantage in the admissions process by giving false information. It is important that the admissions system is fair for everybody. Nobody should be allowed to cheat by using a friend or relative’s address, a business address or by temporarily renting a property near to a popular school. Each year a number of parents try to get a school place by providing false information, which could result in them taking a place that should have gone to another child.
The Local Authority will investigate all instances where a parent is thought to have provided false or misleading information in order to gain admission to a school. Your address will be checked by reference to various records and, if necessary, by a council officer visiting the application address. A false application may result in the withdrawal of your child’s place in the school applied for, even if the child has already started school.
Need to contact us?
We are happy to discuss any queries you have. Please don't hesitate to get in touch; we are here to help.
If you submitted your application online you can log into your account on 1st March 2022 to view your school place offer. You will need to know your login details – the email account and password you used when you made your application. If you need a password reset, please email [email protected].