Make a householder planning enquiry

There is a charge for any planning advice or guidance that we give you.

Find out more about the charges for planning advice

Please complete the following form if you are intending on carrying out any building work on your property, but are unsure if you require planning permission.

This will help us to decide whether you need planning permission for your proposed house extension, conservatory, garage, carport or other free standing building or hardstanding.

If the building concerned is a Listed Building, then a separate Listed Building Consent application may be required.

This form is for planning advice only and advice regarding Building Regulations should be sought from Building Control.

Please note that any response is only an informal opinion and should you require a legally binding decision confirming your extension does not require consent, you should apply for a Lawful Development Certificate.

Building regulations

You will need the form reference number when filling in the form to pay for the advice.