Request a mutual exchange

Please use this form to request a mutual exchange.

You have to be registered on HomeSwapper to apply.

You cannot request a mutual exchange if:

  • you have rent arrears
  • you have not lived in your current property for 12 months
  • you have any outstanding recharges
  • you have been the cause of anti social behaviour in the last 12 months
  • you have breached the tenancy agreement 

The Housing Act 1985 gives secure tenants a right to exchange. They have to have prior written permission from the landlord. Permission can be refused, or be given subject to a condition. 

A decision will be given in writing. If refused a reason will be stated within forty two days from receipt of the application.

Before completing please ensure you have read the grounds for withholding consent to a mutual exchange.