Please use this form to submit a request for your personal information held by Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council to be deleted.
The form will be used by Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council to consider your request under the Right to Erasure (also known as Right to be Forgotten and/or Deleted).
Please note that this type of request can only be submitted in relation to information where:
- Personal data is no longer necessary for the original purpose
- Consent withdrawn and no other basis for processing
- Personal data has been unlawfully processed
- You object to the information being processed and feel there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- Personal data has to be erased due to compliance with a legal obligation
- Personal data has been collected in relation to offer of Information Society Services
The individual whose information is being requested is known as the Data Subject. If you are completing this form ‘on behalf of’ or in relation to someone else then please ensure that your details are provided as the Representative and not as the Data Subject. Remember, the Data Subject is whose information is being requested.
At the beginning of this form you will be asked to upload a number of documents. Please ensure you have these to hand before you begin the form.
- You must supply evidence of your identity and address. You will need to upload a scanned copy of 1 item from List A and 1 item from List B
- If you are applying on behalf of someone else you will need to provide proof of their ID along with a letter of consent giving you permission to appeal on their behalf.
|List A - Evidence of identity
||List B - Evidence of address
However, if you have neither driving licence nor passport then:
- Current UK photo card driving licence, or,
- Current signed passport
- Birth OR marriage certificate, or,
- Residence permit issued by Home Office to EU nationals on sight of own country passport
- Current driving licence (if not already being used as evidence of identity), or,
- Utility bill from a utility company sent to your current address (within 6 months), or,
- Bank, building society or credit union statement (within 6 months), or,
- Mortgage statement (within 6 months), or,
- Local Authority Tax bills (within 12 months).
A record of your request will be retained for a period of 3 years after the date created, in line with the Council's retention requirements.