How to apply for a Rothercard
You can now apply for a Rothercard online by completing the Apply for a Rothercard form. You will need to register for Your Account before you will be able to make your application online.
You will need a recent digital photo showing your head and shoulders as this will be displayed on your card.
To process your application we will need a scan or photo of your proof of age, proof of address and dependent on your circumstances one of the below:
- recent benefit award letter or if on Universal Credit show proof via your online Universal Credit account
- Council Tax bill showing Council Tax Reduction
- bank statement
- HC2/3 certificate
- proof of child benefit for dependent child(ren)
- letter from your school or college if you are aged 16-19 in full time education (your parents must still receive child benefit for you)
- if you are over 60 proof of age and proof of address
- an official letter supplied by the foster carer or residential worker naming the young person in their care
- for refugees/asylum seekers a HC2/3 certificate will be accepted at any issuing point.
Rothercards need renewing yearly (5 years for people aged 60 and over).