The Blue Badge Scheme, who’s eligible and how to apply
The Blue Badge (Disabled Persons) Parking Scheme is a national scheme that allows disabled people in England to maintain their independence by enabling them to park as close as possible to their destination.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to eligible disabled people regardless of whether they are travelling as a driver or as a passenger.
You can apply for a Blue Badge for yourself, someone else or your organisation.
To find out more about the Blue Badge parking scheme and who is eligible, please visit gov.uk
How do I apply?
You can apply online using the gov.uk application form.
Please use this form if:
- You are wanting to apply for a Blue Badge for the first time
- You already have a Blue Badge which is due to expire within the next three months and would like to reapply for another one.
- You need to change your details.
- You have a Blue Badge that has been lost, stolen or damaged and it is due to expire in the next three months.
- You want to apply for a Blue Badge on behalf of your organisation
If you are not able to apply online, please call us on 01709 382121 and ask for the Blue Badge Team. We will book you an appointment so we can go through the application with you over the telephone.
To request a replacement for a lost, stolen or damaged blue badge which isn’t expiring in the next 3 months, please click here.
Please be aware that there are other websites that offer to help you complete your application and who charge extra for their service. These websites are not associated with Rotherham Council or GOV.UK
What do I need to apply
You will need provide appropriate documentation to support your application and a digital photograph.
To find out more about what you will need please click here
How much does a blue badge cost?
The cost of a Blue Badge is £10. You'll only be asked to pay if your application is approved.