Providing vibrant, connected and safe neighbourhoods is a priority for Rotherham Council and communities are at the heart of everything we do. Wath Ward Councillors were elected to listen to your views and work with you to make a difference in the local community.
We know many of our residents are passionate about making their community a better place to live and we are here to work in partnership and make these improvements a reality. Councillors used a range of information – listening to local residents and council staff, looking at statistics and other data – to develop these ward priorities:
Wath Ward priorities
Overarching priority: supporting the community with Covid recovery, and a commitment to share information, help and support specifically in relation to fuel poverty and the cost of living crisis.
Priority 1: Address Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Working in partnership with police and other partner agencies to address local issues including local action plans and high visibility walkabouts.
- Encourage reporting
- Build stronger community cohesion
- Work with schools to help alleviate parking problems at drop off and pick up times
- Improve Road Safety working with partners and the community to address local concerns, including making good use of the RMBC Highways scheme where areas are identified
- Drug use/dealing
Priority 2: Help maintain an attractive and welcoming Environment, including:
- Reduce fly-tipping - Community skip days, signage, enforcement
- Reduce dog fouling - signage, enforcement
- Reduce litter - signage, litterpicks, enforcement
- Promote recycling - posters, education
Priority 3: Improving and enhancing community facilities and green spaces, to ensure they are well used and accessible to all
- Support existing community groups (covid recovery) and encourage new groups
- Establish new ways of bringing people together to improve wellbeing and prevent loneliness and isolation.
- Improve existing facilities
- Consult with young people to see what they want
- Promote existing, affordable activities for people of all ages
- Exploring opportunities to share information providing health and support specifically in relation to the cost of living crisis
Priority 4: Explore opportunities to enhance Wath Town Centre, including:
- Support consulting with local business and stakeholders
- Work with partners to develop best results from the Levelling Up Fund