Privacy Notice - Electoral Services

Your rights

Data Protection Legislation allows you to find out what information is held about you, on paper and computer records. This is known as ‘right of subject access’ and applies to your Electoral Services records along with all other personal records.

If you wish to see a copy of your records you should contact the Data Protection officer. You are entitled to receive a copy of your records free of charge, within a month.

In certain circumstances access to your records may be limited, for example, if the records you have asked for contain information relating to another person.

Data Protection Legislation allows you other rights; for example, if there is an error in your records you have the right to make sure it is rectified or erased.

You have the right to be told if we have made a mistake whilst processing your data and we will report breaches to the Information Commissioner.

If you would like to know more about how we used your information, you can contact the Data Protection Officer.

Contact the Data Protection Officer 

If you are dissatisfied with how the council has used your personal information you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.

Contact the Information Commissioner's Office