About Shared Lives
Shared Lives allows adults to live or spend time with carers and their families - as valued members of their own communities.
Older people and adults with disabilities receive tailored support. This helps them to live as independently and safely as possible.
People who receive Shared Lives care include:
- People with a learning disability
- People with a physical disability
- People with sensory needs
- Older people
- People with dementia
Shared Lives offers:
- Long term accommodation and support in the carer’s home
- Short break respite care in the carer’s home
- Day time support and social activities using the carer’s home as a base