Making changes to your council home

Recovering your costs

You may be entitled to compensation for any authorised changes you have made when you leave your tenancy and move out of your home.

Only certain types of improvements qualify for compensation, and in all cases you must have:

  • Written Council permission to make the changes
  • Carried out the changes to an acceptable standard

Please contact us for further information.

Make a council housing enquiry