Examples of illegal parking are:
- Parking on single or double yellow lines
- Parking at bus stops or on pedestrian crossings
- Parking in school 'keep clear' zones
- Parking in loading bays or resident parking bays
- Overstaying in a limited waiting time zone
Parking problems the Council can't help with
The Council can deal with some, but not all, parking problems. Examples of problems that the Council cannot deal with are:
- Double parking
- Parking on pavements or near junctions, unless the road has double yellow lines or another restriction
- Parking opposite your driveway that makes it difficult to get your vehicle in or out
You should report these problems to South Yorkshire Police, either online or by calling 101.
Parking problems on private land
Please report any problems on private land - for example, on a driveway - to the landowner.
Report an untaxed vehicle
Please report any burnt out vehicles to South Yorkshire Police
We cannot remove vehicles from private land e.g a private car park or driveway; they would be the responsibility of the landowner
Please use this from to report a vehicle which you believe to be abandoned or untaxed.