Why Rotherham, Why Now?
Now is the time to come and work for Rotherham Council Children and Young People’s Service. Help us achieve our ambition to become outstanding – be part of the transformational change we are making.
We are committed to making sure that every child makes the best start in life and we are striving to become a child-friendly borough. Rotherham is a great place to live and work.
Breaking News: Ofsted report
Rotherham’s Children’s Services has been rated ‘GOOD’ across the board by government inspectors in it’s new Ofsted report, published August 2022.Find out about the report
Why Work With Us?
- An Ofsted rated ‘Good’ authority, with an outstanding leaving care service, with ambition and drive – see our latest Ofsted reports
- A culture where children are critical to our conversations and decision making.
- We are a relatively small authority and have a senior leadership team who take time to know front-line staff, listen to their views and celebrate their excellent work
- Generous annual leave entitlement with work/life balance options which can include flexible working arrangements and some time working from home
- Competitive Salary – we value our social workers and that’s reflective in our competitive pay. £41,496 and excellent benefits (pay award pending).
- Manageable caseloads – meaning social workers typically work with less than 20 children
- A strong integrated early help service with good / established links to social work teams.
- Small team’s that allow for good management support / oversight and development. See our teams
- A unique ‘come and meet the team offer’!
- Most teams are co located with key partners such as health visitors, midwives, early help to promote multi agency partnership working
- A senior leadership team who take time to know front-line staff, listen to their views and celebrate their excellent work. See our vision
- Clear progression pathways meaning that we invest in our staff, nurturing talent so staff are ready for new opportunities when they arise.
- A bespoke social work operating model – the “Rotherham Family Approach” which encompasses strength- based approaches and restorative practice
- A learning organisation / culture – with a well-established in-house Learning Academy which is dedicated to providing creative learning solutions / opportunities for all.
- A dedicated Principal Social Worker to champion front line practice who is well connected with local and national agendas – giving you a chance to shape and influence social worker practice!
- A unique model of ongoing learning and development delivered through practice learning days where there is opportunity to meet, discuss and showcase practice to senior leaders in the organisation.
- All staff have access to Research in Practice and new initiatives promoted through a regular staff events.
- An exciting bi-monthly “Whole Service Event” with celebration and keynote speakers.
Hear from our – Strategic Director Children and Young People's Services
Rotherham Council is a great place to work, with a good competitive employment offer. We have amazing staff, who are well supported by managers to do a good job. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, take a look at what we have to offer, there are various opportunities. Your career progression is very important to us, our training and development offer will help you to be the best you can be, as we have a strong commitment to personal development. It’s an exciting time to be working in Rotherham. We look forward to hearing from you, and supporting you to take the next step of your career with us”Suzanne Joyner - Strategic Director Children and Young People’s Services
Hear from our – Assistant Director of Children's Social Care
Rotherham provides excellent conditions, resources and opportunities for your career and practice to flourish in social work. The vision we have for all our children is for them to be resilient, successful and safe – and we apply exactly the same approach to our staff.”Monica Green – Assistant Director of Children's Social Care
Don't take our word for it - hear from our Social Workers
I strongly believe that happy, knowledgeable, supported social workers deliver the best possible service to our children and families.Carol Sibley - Principal Social Worker
Get in touch
If you have any questions regarding opportunities at Rotherham Council Children and Young People’s Service:Contact Children's Social Work Recruitment