BSC Initiatives and Grants Fund 2020-21 Guidance
All activity will need to be undertaken before 30th June 2021
Funding has been allocated for an initiatives and grants fund for Phase 2 of the Controlling Migration Fund programme to trial new ways of working that have arisen as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic, and to deal with emerging community issues during the recovery phase. We are seeking funding applications from organisations based in Rotherham that are able to support the Building Stronger Communities framework and our recovery as a borough.
The Building Stronger Communities strategy involves organisations and agencies across Rotherham working together to support stronger, more cohesive and inclusive local communities. The key themes of the strategy are:
- A strong civic community and pride of place
- Bringing people together
- Our rights and responsibilities towards each other
- Expanding opportunity and economic security
The outbreak of Covid 19 has fundamentally affected the way that organisations operate both now and in the future. The impact of the pandemic will be felt across Rotherham, affecting the economy, the community and daily life for its residents. The change of context for our operations has resulted in a shift in priorities for Phase 2 of Rotherham’s Controlling Migration Fund (CMF) programme. The focus will now be on the following five key recovery themes:
- Thriving neighbourhoods
- Better health and wellbeing
- Economic recovery
- New ways of working
- Hope and confidence in Rotherham
The recovery will also include the following cross cutting strands, which will be integral to each recovery theme:
- Equalities and Social Justice: we want to see a borough based on social justice where all residents have a good quality of life and are able to achieve their potential.
- Climate impact: how actions can contribute to the Rotherham’s carbon reduction target and improved environmental outcomes.
- Funding applications are expected to be in the range of £2,000 to a maximum of £10,000
- The deadline for applications is 5th October 2020
- All activity will need to be undertaken before 30th June 2021
- Activities will need to support the Building Stronger Communities Initiatives and Grants Fund Framework to qualify (see Appendix 1)
- Projects will need to demonstrate positive partnership working
- Statutory agencies may apply but they must engage with the VCS sector when developing projects
- We aim to have a decision made by the end of October 2020. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the outcome.
You should complete the short application form below. You may be asked to provide further supporting information during the assessment process.