Invitation to Bid - for co-design and co-delivery of grant funded voluntary sector advice services in Rotherham
The Council is seeking to appoint a lead organisation from among voluntary sector advice providers in Rotherham to develop a co-designed and co-delivered advice service commencing in April 2021. The co-design will lead to three-year service level agreements (2021/22, 22/23, 23/24) with the partner VCS organisations. A budget of £200,000 per annum is allocated.
Specifically, the bid to lead the co-design and co-delivery needs to set out:
- The methodology for how the organisation will engage with the other third sector providers in the co-design and co-delivery;
- An outline of how engagement can work around and be improved in the key areas of advice;
- An understanding of changing demands for advice, especially around welfare reform and COVID related implications for the service;
- How services can be developed to reduce waiting times for service users;
- How requirements around equalities will be included and a commitment to participate in a broad ranging review of equalities and tackling inequalities in Rotherham;
- Demonstration and commitment of management capacity to lead both the co-design and co-delivery, including receipt and management of the grant and grant compliance matters; and
- How the other third sector providers will be supported to participate in an integrated model of advice provision, including working with advice and advocacy services provided by the Council. This to include how locality-based VCS organisations can host outreach advice provision, linking with other community services including crisis support, to better meet community needs. Additionally, how referral pathways can be improved between advice and other service providers to ensure that no one gets lost in the system.
Bids should be sent in a letter format by e-mail addressing the criteria set out above. The co-design process is that set out in the Rotherham Compact. This available from the Voluntary Action Rotherham website and sets out the relationship between the Council and VCS in Rotherham.
The closing date for bids is Friday 23rd October 2020. Bids should be sent to [email protected]
Co-design is timetabled to be completed by mid-February 2021.
Information for bidders is available from Jackie Mould, Policy, Performance and Intelligence, 4th Floor, Riverside House, Main Street, Rotherham S60 2RB.
Email: [email protected]