Copy marriage or civil partnership certificate
To issue a copy marriage or civil partnership certificate, we will need the:
- Full name of bride, groom or both partners
- Name of bride or both partners before marriage or civil partnership
- Any other names used by the groom, bride or partners
- Date of marriage or civil partnership
- Place where the marriage or civil partnership took place (for example, name of church, register office, hotel)
The cost for each non-urgent certificate is £11.00. The national target for issuing non-urgent certificates is 15 working days from the date of request.
The Registration Service recommends that applicants opt for Royal Mail’s ‘Signed For’ postage at a cost of £1.85 per order. Where customers opt for standard postage there is no additional charge.
The service is not currently able to offer an urgent 24-hour certificate service.
Please note due to Covid-19 certificate orders may not be completed within the published timescales. We remain committed to processing orders as fast as we can, however please only contact the service if you have not received your certificates 20 working days after placing your order.