What is Rothercard
Rothercard is a scheme which entitles you to discounts on Council services and leisure activities. To qualify for a free Rothercard you must live in Rotherham and must meet the eligibility criteria.
The following is a list of the current discounts available to Rothercard holders:
- A concessionary rate is available on a range of leisure activities at Aston-cum-Aughton Leisure Centre, Maltby Leisure Centre, Rotherham Leisure Complex and Wath-upon-Dearne Leisure Centre.
- A Junior Rothercard rate has also been introduced on many sporting activities giving Rothercard holders under the age of 16 an extra 10 percent off the concessionary rate
- 35 percent off the hire of cassettes, DVDs, videos and talking books from the libraries
- 50 percent discount on the removal of furniture, electrical and gas appliances from your home
- 50 percent discount off the cost of a new or replacement pink lid bin, green bin or black bin
- A concessionary rate at Rotherham theatres
- A concessionary entry price at selected leisure venues across South Yorkshire
The Rothercard is currently under review.