Local Access Forum
Local Access Forums help to improve public access to local land. They have a legal duty to advise councils and government bodies.
The forum represents the interests of:
- Land managers
- Conservation groups
- Users of public paths and open spaces
Meetings are usually held every three months. Meetings are open to the public, although there is generally no opportunity to speak.
Please contact us for minutes of the last meeting or the latest annual report, or if you want to join or find out more about the forum.
What has the Local Access Forum done in Rotherham?
- Improvements in specific parishes
- Influencing major restructuring developments such as in Waverley, Kiveton and Dinnington
- Supporting funding applications for major access improvement schemes. For example, the Connect 2 route into Rother Valley Country Park
- Advising on highway improvement schemes. For example, the A57 at Todwick and on Sheffield Parkway
- Advising on local transport improvement projects. For example, the Rotherham to Sheffield riverside and canal paths.
- Managing an annual Countryside and Rights of Way improvement budget. This is separate from the normal maintenance rights of way budget