We use social media to keep you up to date with important information as well as latest news and events you might be interested in. We also welcome your comments and thoughts, but we understand that people can get frustrated or have differing views on many issues. With this in mind, this policy sets out how we moderate and manage Council social media accounts to help make them a pleasant and useful community.
Each social media site has its own terms and conditions which you agree to when signing up and use the site, and we will also moderate our pages and accounts in line with these. We reserve the right to remove any contributions or users which break the rules of the relevant site, or which are not in line with the guidelines listed on this page.
Where available, we have profanity filters in place to automatically hide posts which contain swearing or offensive words, but sometimes they don’t catch everything. Where a post is hidden by mistake we will unhide it, or if you notice any offensive messages on our accounts or posts, please send us a private message to let us know.
We do not condone and will remove posts which are or contain:
- Abuse, threats or harassment
- Distasteful, irrelevant or controversial and intended to ‘troll’
- Defamatory, misleading or false (posts which harm the reputation of a person or people, organisation or group)
- Promote illegal activity
- Promoting/advertising third party products or services
- Spam (the same message posted multiple times)
- Personal information, such as contact details, of you or someone else
- Impersonating someone else
We reserve the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this social media policy or any applicable law.