Household Waste Recycling Centres are open but with special measures in place.
The Council provides four Household Waste Recycling Centres at:
- Greasbrough - Car Hill, S61 4QL (closed every Wednesday)
- Bramley - Lidget Lane, S65 4LY (closed every Friday)
- Rawmarsh - Warren Vale, S62 7SS (closed every Thursday)
- North Anston - Magilla, Common Road, S25 4AH (closed every Tuesday)
Opening times: 10am to 6pm. Please note, last entry is 15 minutes before closing.
Additional cleaning and disinfection will take place overnight.
Social distancing restrictions are still in place. Our sites are therefore limited in capacity and therefore queuing times are long. We therefore would advise residents only to visit sites if it is absolutely necessary.
Please be patient: operations are taking longer than normal as we look to protect staff and visitors by maintaining social distancing rules.
The following restrictions apply:
- Staff and visitors must abide by the 2 metre distance rule at all times.
- Two people from the same household or same support bubble may unload waste together. They must remain together as a pair and must not split up to visit different skips or areas of the site independently.
- Due to health and social distancing reasons, staff on site will not be able to help carry your waste.
- A limited number of vehicles will be allowed on site.
- Road safety and traffic management restrictions are in place.
- We are currently not accepting the following items: hard plastics, plastic bottles, gas bottles and asbestos.
- 5 x 25kg bags per 6 months for DIY waste such as rubble, wood and plasterboard.
Please do not be offended if we inspect your vehicle before disposal or our staff refuse to take your items – this is to ensure that we can continue to operate the sites and keep sites open for essential waste only.
Our staff reserve the right to refuse entry or ask you to leave the site immediately if you do not follow the site rules or the instructions of our staff, or you are abusive, or flytip. We may also take legal action.
The Council reserves the right to close the sites temporarily if long queues are forming and they are causing an obstruction on the highway. Traffic management police will be patrolling the area. CCTV is in operation, and staff are wearing bodycams. Abuse towards staff will not be tolerated.
Waste offloaded without permission is classed as flytipping.