The Council provides four Household Waste Recycling Centres at:
- Greasbrough - Car Hill, S61 4QL
- Bramley - Lidget Lane, S65 4LY
- Rawmarsh - Warren Vale, S62 7SS
- North Anston - Magilla, Common Road, S25 4AH
All sites are open 7 days a week, 10am to 6.30pm. Please note: last entry is 15 minutes before closing.
Social distancing restrictions are still in place and so all sites have limited capacity. We therefore advise all residents to only visit sites if it is absolutely necessary.
Traffic management systems are in place to control the movement of vehicles in and out of the sites which means there a very long queue times. These measures are in place to maintain social distancing rules and protect visitors and staff.
When on site please be patient and respectful to both staff and other visitors. We reserve the right to refuse entry, or ask you to leave the site if you do not follow the site rules, the instructions of our staff or you are abusive.
If you have not entered the site 15 minutes before closing, you may be refused entry. This is to allow the site to be cleaned and sanitised.
The following restrictions also apply:
- Staff and visitors must abide by the 2 metre distance rule at all times.
- Two people from the same household or same support bubble may unload waste together. They must remain together as a pair and must not split up to visit different skips or areas of the site independently.
- Staff on site will not be able to help carry your waste.
- 5 x 25kg bags per 6 months for DIY waste such as rubble, wood and plasterboard.
- Please make sure you wear appropriate footwear when visiting the sites (no flip flops, slippers or bare feet)
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted.
- There is no pedestrian access at any of our recycling centres.
- Traffic management police will be patrolling the site areas.
- CCTV is in operation and staff wear bodycams.
Bulky Waste service
The Council's bulky waste service is operating as normal. We can help you with the removal and disposal of larger household items such as furniture, electrical appliances and DIY waste, such as bathroom suites, window frames, doors from residential properties.