Household Waste Recycling Centres are open but with special measures in place.
The Council provides four Household Waste Recycling Centres at:
- Greasbrough - Car Hill, S61 4QL (closed every Wednesday)
- Bramley - Lidget Lane, S65 4LY (closed every Friday)
- Rawmarsh - Warren Vale, S62 7SS (closed every Thursday)
- North Anston - Magilla, Common Road, S25 4AH (closed every Tuesday)
Opening times: 10.30am to 5.30pm.
Shorter opening times are in place to allow for additional cleaning and disinfection.
As the Government’s ‘stay at home’ advice is still in place, residents should only visit the recycling sites if it is absolutely necessary – where excess waste cannot be stored at home safely.
Please be patient: operations are taking longer than normal as we look to protect staff and visitors by maintaining social distancing rules.
The following restrictions apply:
- Staff and visitors must abide by the 2 metre distance rule at all times.
- Only one adult per vehicle is allowed on site.
- Due to health and social distancing reasons, staff on site will not be able to help carry your waste.
- A limited number of vehicles will be allowed on site.
- Road safety and traffic management restrictions are in place.
- Trips are limited to one visit per day per vehicle.
- We will not accept the following items: DIY waste (including wood, rubble and wet paint), plaster board, hard plastic and plastic bottles, textiles, motor oil, vegetable oil, batteries and gas canisters, and domestic appliances including fridges
- Residents are asked not to bring garden waste and instead use the brown bin garden waste collection service.
Please do not be offended if we inspect your vehicle before disposal or our staff refuse to take your items – this is to ensure that we can continue to operate the sites and keep sites open for essential waste only.
Our staff reserve the right to refuse entry or ask you to leave the site immediately if you do not follow the site rules or the instructions of our staff, or you are abusive, or flytip. We may also take legal action.
The Council reserves the right to close the sites temporarily if long queues are forming and they are causing an obstruction on the highway. Traffic management police will be patrolling the area. CCTV is in operation, and staff are wearing bodycams. Abuse towards staff will not be tolerated.
Waste offloaded without permission is classed as flytipping.
If you are unable to hold on to excess waste, you may wish to contact a commercial waste disposal or skip company. You should always check the credentials of any company; check that the company has the appropriate waste carriers licence, and for proof that the waste is being disposed of legitimately. This may include a consignment note or invoice from a waste disposal contractor.