Wickersley Neighbourhood Plan
Status: Adopted as part of Rotherham's Development Plan
Following an independent examination, the Local Planning Authority recommended that the Neighbourhood Plan should proceed to a Referendum based on the Neighbourhood Area as approved by the Council (Wickersley Parish boundary). This referendum will take place on 5 May 2022, the required supporting documents are available below:
- A Notice of Correction relating to numbers given to locally listed buildings in the Wickersley Neighbourhood Plan
- An Information Statement on the referendum that is taking place, and the neighbourhood plan it relates to
- The referendum version (as modified) of the Wickersley Neighbourhood Plan,which also includes: Wickersley Design Code, Appendix Wickersley Neighbourhood Plan
- The Independent Examiner's Report on the Wickersley Neighbourhood Plan
- A Summary of Representations made on the Wickersley Neighbourhood Plan which were submitted to the independent examiner
- A Decision Statement from Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council which confirms the Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions and other legislative requirements
- A Statement of General Planning Information providing information regarding town and country planning, including neighbourhood planning
Further information about the referendum is available on the Council's website at: rotherham.gov.uk/elections
Map of Wickersley Parish
Neighbourhood Area proposed: 19th September 2017
Wickersley Parish Neighbourhood Area: approved at the Cabinet and Commissioners' Decision Making Meeting 11 December 2017.
Wickersley Parish Neighbourhood Area Decision Letter (and Map) – 23 January 2018.
Plan submitted: 28 May 2021
Wickersley Parish Council, as the qualifying body, submitted the draft Wickersley Neighbourhood Plan to Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council on 28 May 2021. The Council undertook consultation on the submission documents (as required by Regulation 16 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended)) between 10 September to 25 October 2021.
Mr Christopher Collison BA (Hons), Dip TP, MBA, MRTPI was appointed as Examiner to conduct the examination of the Wickersley Neighbourhood Plan and publish a Report with recommendations. Further details are available on the examination webpage.
Following an independent examination, the Local Planning Authority recommended that the Neighbourhood Plan should proceed to a Referendum based on the Neighbourhood Area as approved by the Council (Wickersley Parish boundary).
The Local Planning Authority decision statement is published below and a copy can be inspected at the following locations (during opening hours): Wickersley Library and Neighbourhood Hub, 286 Bawtry Road, Wickersley, Rotherham, S66 1JJ and Riverside Library, Main Street, Rotherham, S60 1AE