Licensing for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

How do I apply for a variation to a licence for a house in multiple occupation?

You can use the following form to apply for a variation to an existing licence, including transferring a licence or changing conditions.

To apply for a variation to a licence please contact the Housing Licensing Team.

Applications for a variation of a licence are made under section 69 of the Housing Act 2004. 

Certain conditions are required by law, but other changes can be made to the licence, such as changing the number of occupants or number of bedrooms.

If you have changed managing agents you can use the following document to notify us as long as they are not the licence holder. If the licence holder has change you will need to apply for a new licence. 

Change of Management Declaration 

This file may not be accessible for users of assistive technology.