Licensing for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

How do I get a temporary exemption notice for my house in multiple occupation?

Where the person having control of or managing a licensable HMO intends to take certain steps to remove the property from licensing, they must notify the council and apply for a temporary exemption from HMO licensing.

A Temporary Exemption Notice (TEN) can usually only be issued for 3 months. In exceptional circumstances, a second TEN may be issued for a further 3 months, and you can apply online:

Application for a Temporary Exemption Notice

This file may not be accessible for users of assistive technology.