The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme has been being extended to parents and guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate, but who need to take time off work to look after a child or young person who is self-isolating.
To successfully complete the form, you will need the following information:
- Your National Insurance number
- Your banking details and evidence of the account in a format suitable for uploading
- Proof of your employment or self-employment - such as a recent payslip or evidence of self-assessment returns or trading income if self-employed
- A notification either from:
- NHS Test and Trace asking your child to self-isolate (this will include a unique ID number)
- The child's school (or education setting for older children with an Education, Health and Care Plan)
- The NHS app
Please only make one claim for each isolation period - making multiple claims slows down the processing and causes delays.