Council Tax discount applications

Discount for a resident in a nursing or care home

A Council Tax reduction may be applied if an occupant moves into a residential care home or a nursing home on a permanent basis.

In order to award the discount we require a signed declaration from the care home or nursing home. If you do not already have this declaration you should download and have this completed before you proceed with your application. The declaration will have to be uploaded as part of the application process.

If your application is successful, your discount will be reviewed annually.

Download home declaration form

Apply for a nursing home or care home discount