Having problems paying your Council Tax

Committal to prison and bankruptcy

If enforcement agents fail to collect the arrears, we can apply for a court order to send you to prison for up to 90 days.

We can also start proceedings to make you bankrupt or place an order for sale on your property.

These actions will add significant further costs and charges to what you owe. They will also affect your credit rating so you may find it harder to get credit in the future.