Having problems paying your Council Tax

Attachments to your benefits

If the magistrates' court grants a liability order we can recover what you owe from your:

  • Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit Guaranteed Credit
  • Universal Credit

We will ask the Department for Work and Pensions to deduct a set amount each week until your debt is repaid.

Request deductions from your benefit payments