Information for Private Landlords and Managing Agents

Landlord Licensing in Rotherham

Houses in multiple occupation with 5 or more people living in them which form more than one house hold (shared houses and flats) must be licensed.

Other houses in certain designated areas of Eastwood, Masbrough, Dinnington and Maltby must also be licensed.

The owner and/or manager of a house which is not licensed but should be, can be prosecuted or face civil penalties of up to £30,000 and rent repayment orders.

Find out more about HMO and Selective Licensing or apply for a licence in Rotherham

Private Landlords and Tenants - Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Government guidance for landlords and tenants

Advice and guidance National Residential Landlord Association

National Landlord Association website

Residential Landlords Association website