Educating your child at home

Taking your child out of school

You need to write to the head teacher if your child is registered at a school and you want to start educating them at home. The head teacher will then remove your child from the school roll and inform the Council.

More procedures may apply if your child is already under a School Attendance Order.

Once your child is removed from the school roll, it may not be possible for them to return to the same school. This is because their place may have been given to another child

Find school contact details