Educating your child at home

Ceasing Elective Home Education for your child

If you decide to stop educating your child at home you will need to apply for a school place.

If your child attended school, their place may no longer be available as it may have been given to another child. The school of your choice may be full, so you may need to appeal for a place or apply to another school.

Apply for a school place

If your child has been educated at home and you believe they should be assessed for a statement of special educational needs, or an Education, Health & Care Plan before starting or returning to school, contact the Home Education Team who can help arrange this.

Contact us