Council Housing Repairs

Repairs that are your own responsibility

There are some repairs that are your own responsibility. Please refer to the "Guide to Your Home" tenancy handbook for more information.

Please be aware that you must seek permission before doing repairs or carrying out alterations to your home. If the repair or alteration is approved, you will receive a document giving written permission to proceed.

You can find out if a repair is your responsibility or request permission to start a repair or alteration by calling 01709 336009.

Damage caused by vandalism

If your home is damaged by crime or vandalism, you should report this to the police and get a crime reference number. You will need to provide this number to the council when you call to request the repair.